NJ TRANSIT RESTORES ADDITIONAL SERVICE ON M&E AND GLADSTONE BRANCH ON MARCH 17TH
Additional Trains Added to Modified Weekday Service on M&E; Gladstone Branch Restored to Hoboken and New York on Modified Schedule
March 16, 2022
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT crews continue to successfully make repairs in the Maplewood area to allow additional trains to operate on the Morris & Essex Line (M&E) and Gladstone Branch. Beginning Thursday, March 17 and Friday March 18 the M&E and Gladstone Branch will have enhancements made to the modified weekday schedules providing customers with additional trains and direct service to New York and Hoboken on the Gladstone Branch. Customers are advised to reference the modified schedules to take advantage of the additional trains and to get specific departure times for their trip. Strong storm winds on March 7th took down a large tree in Maplewood, resulting in extensive damage to the overhead wires and the steel structure that supports the wires. Please see below for service information.
Cross-honoring will remain in effect for Morris & Essex (M&E) and Gladstone Branch customers on the Raritan Valley and Montclair-Boonton Lines as well as NJ TRANSIT & private carrier buses.
All M&E customers should continue to allow for extra travel time and are strongly encouraged to customize their service alerts on the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to receive updates via push notifications, monitor MyTransit Alerts, the M&E Twitter feed @NJTRANSIT_ME and njtransit.com/MorrisEssexUpdate for the latest service information.
Morris & Essex Line:
Morris & Essex Line will have additional trains restored to the modified weekday schedule with service at all stations. Modified schedules will be available later today HERE. Customers are encouraged to monitor njtransit.com/MorrisEssexUpdate for the latest information.
Customer service ambassadors will be available at Maplewood, South Orange and Newark Broad St. stations to assist customers.
Gladstone Branch: Service will resume to Penn Station New York and Hoboken on a modified schedule. Modified schedules will be available later today HERE.
- Before beginning your trip, please visit njtransit.com for up-to-the-minute service information.
- Customers are encouraged to download or update the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to set up and receive customized service alert information via push notifications. Visit the You Tube video for easy instructions on setting up custom push notifications.
- Stay connected to NJ TRANSIT social media during your commute.
- Sign up for the My Transit alert system on njtransit.com, which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your mobile device via email or text.
- Allow extra time getting to and from your destination.
- Listen closely to public address announcements at stations for late-breaking service information.