NJ TRANSIT Rail Service: New Rail Schedules – Effective Sunday, June 19, 2022
On Sunday, June 19, new NJ TRANSIT Rail schedules will take effect on the Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast Line. While most changes – including adjustments to certain Secaucus connections for Main-Bergen County-Port Jervis and Pascack Valley Line trains – will affect weekend trains, there will also be adjustments to late night trains on weekdays.
Northeast Corridor/North Jersey Coast Line - WEEKENDS
- Summer Shore Service will operate until September 10. Hourly service will be provided on the Bay Head-Long Branch shuttles, with trains departing Bay Head once per hour from 7:16 AM until 9:19 PM and Long Branch once per hour from 8:35 AM until 10:47 PM.
- Monmouth Park service operates on Fridays until September 2, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays until September 18, and on Mondays in August. See schedule panels for details.
- NEW Train 7839 will depart New York at 12:01 PM and stop at Secaucus, Newark Penn Station, North Elizabeth, Elizabeth, Linden and Rahway.
- Train 7241 will operate express from Newark Airport to Rahway, bypassing North Elizabeth, Elizabeth and Linden. Customers traveling from bypassed stations to stations from Avenel through Bay Head should use new Train 7839 and transfer to Train 7241 at Rahway.
- In preparation for long-term trackwork between Rahway and Elizabeth stations (beginning in late July), numerous weekend trains will have minor time adjustments. Please see schedule panels for details.
- Trains 7625, 7629 and 7637 will continue making stops from New York Penn Station to Rahway (7637 does not stop at Secaucus), but will no longer stop at Avenel, Woodbridge, Perth Amboy or South Amboy.
Northeast Corridor/North Jersey Coast Line - WEEKDAYS
- There are minor time changes at certain stops on Northeast Corridor Trains 3800, 3897 and 3805, as well as North Jersey Coast Line trains 3200, 3292, 3201 and 3205 and on the Princeton Shuttle (Dinky). Please see schedule panels for details.