Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT OFFERS EXTRA BUS SERVICE FOR PUERTO RICAN DAY PARADE
June 3, 2019
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT will operate extra bus service to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) on Sunday, June 9, to accommodate customers traveling to the Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York City.
NJ TRANSIT advises customers that no beverages of any kind will be permitted on board all trains, buses and light rail cars from 5 p.m. on Friday, June 7, through 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, June 9th. This policy will be strictly enforced.
Extra trips to and from New York will be offered on the following bus routes for the Puerto Rican Day Parade:
No. 128 (North Bergen- New York)
- Additional service from Nungessers to NY/PABT at 8:05 a.m., 8:45 a.m., 9:25 a.m., 10:05 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:25 a.m., 12:05 p.m. and 12:45 p.m.
- Additional service from NY/PABT to Nungessers at 4:15 p.m., 4:55 p.m., 5:35 p.m., 6:15 p.m., 6:55 p.m., 7:35 p.m., 8:15 p.m., 8:55 p.m., 9:35 p.m., 10:15 p.m., 10:50 p.m., 11:35 p.m. and 12:10 a.m.
No. 159 (Fort Lee - New York)
- Inbound service from Fairview (Anderson & Park Aves.) to NY/PABT via Bergenline Avenue at 9:08 a.m., 10:08 a.m. and 11:08 a.m.
- Outbound service from NY/PABT to Fort Lee (Linwood Park) via Bergenline Avenue at 3:40 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
No. 161 (Paterson - Passaic - New York)
- Inbound service from Paterson (Broadway Terminal) to NY/PABT at 10:25 a.m., 11:10 a.m. and 12:25 p.m.
- Outbound service from NY/PABT to Paterson (Broadway Terminal) at 3:45 p.m., 5:15 p.m., 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
No. 163 (Ridgewood - New York)
- Inbound local service from Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) to NY/PABT operating via the Boulevard in Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Carlstadt/East Rutherford at 8:15 a.m., 8:35 a.m., 9:07 a.m., 9:43 a.m., 10:07 a.m., 10:47 a.m. and 11:19 a.m.
- Outbound local service from NY/PABT to Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) operating local route through East Rutherford/Carlstadt/Wood Ridge and Hasbrouck Heights at 3:25 p.m., 4:25 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
No. 167 (Harrington Park -Teaneck - New York)
- Inbound service from Dumont (Madison & Washington Aves.) to NY/PABT via Teaneck Rd. & Glenpointe at 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Outbound service from NY/PABT to Dumont (Chestnut Bend) via Teaneck Rd. & Glenpointe at 3:05 p.m., 3:55 p.m., 4:55 p.m., 6:15 p.m., 7:15 p.m., 8:05 p.m. and 9:05 p.m.
No. 190 (Paterson - Secaucus - New York)
- Inbound local service from Paterson (Broadway Terminal) to NY/PABT via Secaucus at 7:05 a.m., 7:40 a.m., 8:15 a.m., 8:55 a.m., 9:25 a.m., 10:05 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:25 a.m. and 12:05 p.m.
- Outbound service from NY/PABT to Paterson (Broadway Terminal) via Secaucus at 4 p.m., 5:20 p.m. and 6:40 p.m.
No. 193 (Willowbrook Express - New York)
- Inbound express service from the Willowbrook Park & Ride to NY/PABT at 9:28 a.m., 10:28 a.m., 11:28 a.m., 12:28 p.m. and 1:28 p.m.
- Outbound express service from NY/PABT to the Willowbrook Park & Ride at 5:20 p.m., 6:20 p.m. and 7:20 p.m.
No. 198 (Wayne - WPU - New York)
- Outbound service from NY/PABT to Wayne Transit Center via Willowbrook Mall at 6:00 p.m.
The following Park & Rides (parking fees in effect) will be open and available for parade attendees:
- Wayne Transit Center: See 194 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Willowbrook Park & Ride: See 194, 197 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Clifton – Allwood Park & Ride: See 191 and 192 timetables for service details.
- North Bergen Park & Ride: See 320 timetable for service details.
- Ticketing: Purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip to speed your return and use the NJ TRANSIT mobile app, which is available for free download on any web-enabled iOS or Android device, to make the purchase even easier. Customers can also use ticket vending machines or see a ticket agent, if available, to avoid possible surcharges. Reminder: Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal must purchase tickets before boarding.
- Savings: Every weekend, families riding NJ TRANSIT can save with the Family Super Saver Fare, which allows two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult.
- Plan Ahead: Extra service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their boarding location 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 925,000 weekday trips on 251 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.