Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
SERVICE ADVISORY: NJ TRANSIT OFFERS EXTRA BUS SERVICE TO NEW YORK FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE
Beverages will not be permitted on any train, light rail vehicle or bus
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 12, 2018
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT will operate extra bus service on selected routes to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) on Saturday, March 17, to accommodate customers traveling to the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York City. Trains will operate on a regular weekend schedule. Newark Light Rail will operate on a Saturday schedule. Hudson-Bergen Light Rail will operate on a weekend schedule.
IMPORTANT NOTE: No beverages of any kind, in any type of container, open or closed, will be permitted on board trains, buses or light rail vehicles on Saturday, March 17, and Sunday, March 18. This policy will be strictly enforced.
NJ TRANSIT will have Ambassadors on hand at Secaucus Junction, Aberdeen/Matawan, Middletown, N.J., and Penn Station New York to assist customers traveling to/from the parade in New York City.
Extra trips to and from New York will be offered on the following bus routes:
To New York - PABT:
- No. 123 (Jersey City-Union City-New York) additional service from 9th Street Hudson-Bergen Light Rail Station to PABT at 8:58 a.m., 9:58 a.m. and 10:58 a.m.
- No. 128 (Boulevard East - New York) additional trips from North Bergen to PABT via Boulevard East between 8:35 a.m. and 12:35 p.m.
- No. 163 (Ridgewood - New York) additional local trips from Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) to PABT from 8:20 a.m. until 11:20 a.m. operating via the Boulevard in Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge, Carlstadt, and East Rutherford.
- No. 166T (Bergenfield - New York) additional Turnpike Express trips from Bergenfield Station to PABT at 6:25 a.m., 7:38 a.m. (Tenafly), 8:31 a.m., 9:31 a.m. and 10:36 a.m.
- No. 167 (Dumont -Teaneck - New York) additional trips from Dumont (Madison & Washington Ave.) or Teaneck Armory to PABT via Teaneck Road & Glenpointe at 6:59 a.m., 7:59 a.m., 8:40 a.m. (Teaneck), 9:40 a.m. (Teaneck) and 10:40 a.m. (Teaneck).
- No. 190 (Paterson - New York) additional local trips from Passaic (Main & Henry streets) or Rutherford (Union and Darwin avenues) to PABT via Secaucus at 8:45 a.m., 9:15 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 10:08 a.m. (Rutherford), 10:32 a.m. (Rutherford) and 11:01 a.m. (Rutherford).
- No. 191/192/195 (Clifton - New York) additional local trips from Allwood Park & Ride to PABT via Lyndhurst at 8:45 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.
- No. 193 (Willowbrook Express - New York) & No. 194 (Wayne Transit Center-Willowbrook Park & Ride – New York) additional service from the Willowbrook Park & Ride to PABT at: 8:27 a.m., 8:57 a.m., 9:27 a.m., 9:43 a.m., 10:27 a.m., 10:57 a.m., 11:27 a.m. and 12:27 p.m.
- No. 320 (Harmon Meadow/North Bergen Park & Ride- New York) additional service from Harmon Meadow via North Bergen Park & Ride to PABT between 8:50 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
From New York - PABT:
- No. 123 (New York-Union City-Jersey City) additional service from PABT to Union City at 4:10 p.m., 5:10 p.m., 6:10 p.m., 7:10 p.m., 8:10 p.m. and 9:10 p.m.
- No. 163 (New York - Ridgewood) additional local service from PABT to Hackensack (Arcola in Paramus) operating local route through East Rutherford, Carlstadt, Wood-Ridge, Hasbrouck Heights and Hackensack every hour beginning at 3:15 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.
- No. 166 (New York-Boulevard East) additional local service from PABT to Palisades Park between 3:15 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
- No. 166T (New York-Bergenfield) additional Turnpike Express (T) service from PABT to Bergenfield Station at 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- No. 167 (New York-Teaneck-Dumont) Turnpike Express (T) additional service from PABT to Dumont (Chestnut Bend) or Teaneck Armory at 3:40 p.m. (Teaneck), 4:40 p.m. (Teaneck), 5:25 p.m. (Teaneck), 6:25 p.m. (Teaneck), 7:10 p.m., 8:35 p.m., 9:10 p.m. and 10:35 p.m.
- No. 190 (New York-Paterson) additional local service from PABT to Secaucus and Rutherford at 4:25 p.m. (Rutherford), 4:55 p.m. (Rutherford), 5:25 p.m. (Rutherford), 5:55 p.m., 6:25 p.m. and 7:25 p.m.
- No. 191/192/195 (New York-Clifton) additional local service from PABT to Clifton via Lyndhurst and Allwood Park & Ride at 3:20 p.m., 4:20 p.m., 4:50 p.m., 5:35 p.m. and 6:35 p.m.
- No. 193 (New York – Willowbrook Express) & No. 194 (New York-Willowbrook Park & Ride-Wayne Transit Center) additional service from PABT to Willowbrook and Wayne Transit Center between 2:50 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- No. 197 (New York-Pompton Lakes) additional service from PABT to Pompton Lakes at 4:20 p.m. and 5:25 p.m.
- No. 320 (New York-Harmon Meadow/North Bergen Park & Ride) additional service from PABT to Mill Creek via North Bergen Park & Ride between 4:25 p.m. and 10:23 p.m.
- Ticketing: To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion before and after the parade may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
- Parking: Customers traveling from Park/Rides at Allwood Road, North Bergen, Willowbrook Mall, Mothers and Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center are advised that parking fees still apply.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: No beverages, in any type of container, open or closed, will be permitted on any train to and from New York/Hoboken. This policy will be strictly enforced. Beverages of any kind are prohibited at all times on board buses.
For schedules and fares, visit njtransit.com or call 973-275-5555.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 944,000 weekday trips on 252 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 165 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.