Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT OFFERS EXTRA BUS SERVICE TO NEW YORK FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE
Alcoholic beverages will not be permitted on any NY/Hoboken train
For Immediate Release: march 15, 2016
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT will operate extra bus service to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) on Thursday, March 17, to accommodate customers traveling to the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York City. Trains will operate on a regular weekday schedule. Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, Newark Light Rail and River Line will also operate regular weekday schedules.
Please note: alcoholic beverages will not be permitted on any train to and from New York/Hoboken on March 17. Beverages of any kind are prohibited at all times on board buses.
Extra trips to and from New York will be offered on the following bus routes:
To New York:
- No. 128 (Boulevard East - New York) from North Bergen to PABT between 10:38 a.m. and 11:08 a.m.
- No. 163 (Ridgewood - New York) from Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) to NYPABT from 8:46 a.m. until 11:12 a.m. operating via the Boulevard in Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge, Carlstadt, and East Rutherford.
- No. 166T (Bergenfield - New York) from Bergenfield Station to PABT operating between 9:44 a.m. until 10:55 a.m.
- No. 167 (Dumont -Teaneck - New York) from Dumont (Madison & Washington Ave.) to PABT via Teaneck Road & Glenpointe between 10:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- No. 177X Armory Express trip from Dumont (Madison & Washington Ave.) to PABT at 9:45 a.m. and 10:04 a.m.
- No. 190 (Paterson - New York) from Rutherford to PABT via Secaucus from 9:20 a.m. until 11:25 a.m.
- No. 191 (Willowbrook - Little Falls - New York) from Allwood Park & Ride to PABT via Lyndhurst from 9:50 a.m. and 10:50 a.m. Allwood Park & Ride customers - See Routes 192 & 195 for additional trips operating between Allwood Park & Ride and NYPABT throughout the day.
- No. 192 (Clifton - New York) from the Allwood Park & Ride to PABT at 9:30 a.m.
- No. 193 (Willowbrook Express - New York) from the Willowbrook Park & Ride to New York at: 9:52 a.m., 10:02 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 1:30 p.m.
- No. 194 (Wayne Transit Center - Willowbrook Park/Ride - New York) from the Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center to New York via Willowbrook Park/Ride at 8:50 a.m. Wayne Transit Center customers - See Routes 198 & 324 for additional trips operating between Wayne Transit Center and PABT throughout the day.
- No. 197 (Pompton Lakes - New York) from Pompton Lakes to New York via Riverview Drive at 8:08 a.m.
- No. 197 (Pompton Lakes - New York) Additional trip from Pompton Lakes to New York via Willowbrook at 10:51 a.m.
From New York:
- No. 163 (New York - Ridgewood) Local service from PABT to Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) operating via East Rutherford, Carlstadt, Wood Ridge, and Hasbrouck Heights from 4:45 p.m. until 5:12 p.m. Turnpike Express (T) service from PABT to Ridgewood Terminal operating via Hackensack, Maywood, Rochelle Park, Paramus and Ridgewood at 3:20 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.
- No. 166T (New York - Bergenfield) from PABT to Bergenfield Station at 5:20 p.m.
- No. 167 Turnpike Express (T) service from PABT to Dumont (Chestnut Bend) from 4:45 p.m. until 5:18 p.m.
- No. 177X Armory Express service from PABT to Harrington Park at 3:25 p.m. and 4:10 p.m. and to Dumont (Chestnut Bend) at 4:54 p.m.
- No. 190 Local service via Secaucus and Rutherford at 4:28 p.m. Rutherford Express (R) service from PABT at 4:42 p.m. and 4:55 p.m.
- No. 192 (New York - Clifton) from PABT to Clifton at 3:10 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. Allwood Park & Ride customers - See Routes 191 & 195 for additional trips operating between Allwood Park & Ride and PABT throughout the day.
- No. 193 (New York – Willowbrook Express) from PABT to the Willowbrook Park & Ride at: 2:30 p.m., 3:50 p.m., 4:20 p.m., and 5:15 p.m.
Willowbrook Park & Ride customers – See Routes 194, 197 & 198 for additional trips between Willowbrook and NYPABT throughout the day.
- Ticketing: To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion during the morning period and early to mid-afternoon hours before and after the parade may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
- Plan Ahead: Extra bus service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their bus boarding location 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Parking: Customers traveling from Park/Rides at Allwood Road, North Bergen, Willowbrook Mall and Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center are advised that parking fees still apply.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Alcoholic beverages will NOT be permitted on any train to and from New York/Hoboken. This policy will be strictly enforced. Beverages of any kind are prohibited at all times on board buses.
For schedules and fares, visit njtransit.com or call 973-275-5555.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 938,500 weekday trips on 257 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 165 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.