Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT OFFERS EXTRA RAIL AND BUS SERVICE TO NEW YORK FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE
March 15, 2012
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT is adding special rail and bus service on Saturday, March 17, including extra trips on more than a dozen bus routes serving the Port Authority Bus Terminal and 10 additional trains to and from New York, to accommodate customers traveling to the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
Additional rail service on the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast, Morris & Essex and Port Jervis lines will operate as follows (view detailed schedules here):
- Northeast Corridor: Two round trips will operate between Trenton and New York, providing express service from Metropark to Newark Airport for inbound travel, and express service from Newark Penn Station to Metropark for outbound travel.
- North Jersey Coast Line: One round trip will operate between Long Branch and New York, providing local stops in both directions.
- Morris & Essex Lines Midtown Direct: One round trip will operate between Dover and New York, providing local stops in both directions.
- Port Jervis Line: One round trip will operate between Port Jervis and Hoboken, providing express service between Suffern and Secaucus in both directions.
Extra trips will operate on the following bus routes:
No. 126 (Hoboken- New York)
- Additional local service inbound from Hoboken Terminal to New York via Washington Street between 8:40 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Additional local service outbound from New York to Hoboken Terminal via Washington Street between 2 p.m. and 8:45 p.m.
No. 128 (Boulevard East - New York)
- Additional local service inbound from North Bergen to New York via Boulevard East between 8:45 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
No. 163 Local & Turnpike Express (Ridgewood-New York)
- Additional Turnpike Express (T) service inbound from Paramus (Arcola) via Hackensack from 8:55 a.m. until 10:15 a.m.
- Additional local service inbound from Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) from 9:20 a.m. until 11:15 a.m. operating via the Boulevard in Hasbrouck Hts.
- Additional local service outbound from NY-PABT to Paramus (Arcola) operating via the Boulevard in Hasbrouck Hts. And Hackensack from 4:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
No. 166 Local & Turnpike Express (Cresskill-Bergenfield-New York)
- Additional Turnpike Express (T) service inbound from Englewood (Van Nostrand and Grand avenues) to New York operating between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Additional local service outbound from NY-PABT to Dumont (Madison and Washington avenues) from 4:45 p.m. until 11:40 p.m. operating via Boulevard East
- Additional Turnpike Express (T) service outbound from NY-PABT to Bergenfield from 4:20 p.m. until 8:20 p.m.
No. 167 (Harrington Park-Teaneck-New York)
- Additional service inbound from Dumont (Madison & Washington avenues) to New York via Teaneck Road & Glenpointe between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Additional Teaneck Road service outbound from NY-PABT to Dumont (Chestnut Bend) via Teaneck Road & Glenpointe between 3 p.m. and 11 p.m.
No. 190 (Paterson-New York)
- Additional local service inbound from Passaic/Rutherford via Secaucus from 8:30 a.m. until 10 a.m.
- Additional local service outbound from NY-PABT to Rutherford via Secaucus from 4:30 p.m. until 7:40 p.m.
No. 191 (Willowbrook-Little Falls-New York)
- Additional local service from the Allwood Park & Ride to New York via Lyndhurst from 8:45 a.m. until 10:45 a.m.
No. 192 (Clifton-New York)
- Additional local service from the Allwood Park & Ride via Nutley/Lyndhurst to New York between 8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Additional local service from NY-PABT to Clifton (Valley Road and Fenner Ave.) via Nutley/Lyndhurst & Allwood Park & Ride between 5 p.m. and 8:50 p.m.
No. 193 (Willowbrook Express-New York)
- Additional express service from the Willowbrook Park & Ride to New York between 8:55 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Additional express service from NY-PABT to the Willowbrook Park & Ride between 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
No. 194 (Newfoundland-New York)
- Extra trip from the Wayne Transit Center to New York at 9:52 a.m. via Willowbrook
- Additional service from NY-PABT to Willowbrook and Wayne Transit Center between 4 p.m. until 6 p.m.
No. 195 (Willowbrook-Cedar Grove-New York)
- Additional local trip from the Allwood Park & Ride via Lyndhurst to New York at 9:45 a.m.
- Additional local trip from NY-PABT to Willowbrook/Lyndhurst and Allwood Park & Ride at 7:50 p.m.
No. 197 (Warwick-Wayne-New York)
- Additional express service from NY-PABT to Pompton Lakes via Valley Road in Wayne and Willowbrook between 4:30 p.m. and 7:20 p.m.
No. 320 (Mill Creek-Harmon Meadow-North Bergen Park & Ride- New York)
- Additional service inbound from Harmon Meadow via North Bergen Park & Ride from 8:30 a.m. until 11:15 a.m.
- Additional service outbound from NY-PABT to Harmon Meadow-Mill Creek via North Bergen Park & Ride from 5:25 p.m. until 10:25 p.m.
- Ticketing: To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion during the morning peak period and late morning hours may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
- Plan Ahead: Extra service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their boarding location 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Parking: Customers traveling from Park/Rides at Allwood Road, North Bergen, Willowbrook Mall and Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center are advised that parking fees still apply.
For schedules and fares, visit njtransit.com or call 973-275-5555.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 895,000 weekday trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 164 rail stations, 60 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.